24 Ağustos 2010 Salı

AYDIN Didim (Didyma)

Didim (Didyma) which is located within the boundaries of the village of Yeni Hisar in the Söke District of the province Aydın is famous for its Apollon Temple . The first excavations in Didim were made by the English under the direction of Newton in 1858. The excavations which started in 1905 under the direction of Th. Weigand were continued on a systematic basis until the year 1937. During this time a great protion of the temple was revealed. At present , the excavations and researchs are still carried on by german experts. Didim is known as the residence of a seer related to Miletus. It is understood from the latest excavations that Didim was not only the residence of a seer but a rather dense settling at the same time. It is suggested that the construction of the archaic temple started mid 6th century BC and completed at the end of the same century. The construction of the hellenistic temple started after Alexander the Great triumphed over the Persian. However it is understood from the remnants that the construction of the Hellenistic Temple was not finished. Didim today is one of the most important touristic places of Turkey.
Didyma hotel tourism

istanbul Kiz Kulesi

The Leander’s tower which is one of the symbols of Istanbul dates back to 341 BC. There are several stories told about Kız kulesi which is named “Leander’s Tower” by westerns. The most widespread story is about the daughter of the Byzantine Emperor who was killed by a snake hidden in a basket of figs which was brought to the tower from land. That is why, the tower is named Maiden’s Tower. If we look further into the history we understand that this place was called “Leandros”. Leandros fell in love with Hera who was one of the nuns of Aphrodit. Leandros swam to the Maiden’s Tower to see his dear one. One day he was defeated by the storm and the waves and died. Hera could not cope with this grief and killed herself. Fatih Sultan Mehmet had the tower demolished after he conquered Istanbul and had it erected anew and placed his soldiers here. The tower with was demolished by the earthquake in 1509 was rebuilt. The Tower served as light house in 1600’s. In 1726 Damat Ibrahim Paşa equipped the Maiden’s tower with stone buildings and used the tower as a prison for a short period. It was used as a quarantine station when cholera broke out in 1830. Mahmut II had the tower re-erected. The square shaped big tower was covered with a multi edge , windowed cap raised from a gallery surrounded with a balustrade and equipped with a flagpole. During the Republic period the tower was used to provide sea transport safety. The Maiden’s tower which was restored between 1943-1945 serves today as restaurant and night club. There are daily regular boat services from Salacak to the tower.
istanbul kiz kulesi

sex hikayeleri sikiş izle

topkapi photo gallery

History of Topkapı Palace

History of Topkapı Palace

Topkapı Palace constructed by Fatih Sultan Mehmet, (the Conqueror) in 1478 has been the official residence of the Otoman Sultans and center of State Administration around 380 years until the construction of Dolmabahçe Palace by Sultan Abdülmecid. The palace having around 700.000 m.² area during the foundation years has currently 80.000 m.² area.

Topkapı Palace was evacuated by the accommodation of the Palace inhabitants in Dolmabahçe, Yıldız and in other palaces. Upon abandoning by the Sultans, Topkapı Palace where many officials resided had also never lost its importance. The palace was repaired from time to time. A special attention was taken for the annual maintenance of Mukaddes Emanetler Dairesi (Sacred Safekeeping Rooms) visited by the sultan and his family during Ramadan.

The opening of Topkapı Palace for visits as museum happened firstly in the reign of Sultan Abdülmecid (1839-1861). The belongings within Topkapı Palace Treasury was shown to the contemporary English ambassador. Later on, it has become a tradition to show the antics within the Topkapı Palace Treasury to the foreigners and during the era of Sultan Abdulaziz (1861-1876), showrooms are made in French style, and these antics are started to be shown to foreigners in these showrooms within Treasury. During the period when Sultan II Abdulhamid was dethroned (1876-1909), it was thought to open the Treasury Room to public visits on Sundays and Tuesdays, yet it never realized.

By the order of Ghazi Mustafa Kemal Atatürk, Topkapı Palace firstly affiliated to the Istanbul Asar-ı Atika Museums Directorate and opened to public visits on date of April 3, 1924, then it started to service as Treasury Chamberlain, after it was renamed as Treasury Directorate and finally it was renamed as Topkapı Palace Museum Directorate and it still continues its services.

Upon the performance of small repairs and taking some administrative cautions in 1924, Topkapı Palace was opened to service as a Museum on October 9, 1924. The sections opened to visit at that time were Kubbealtı, Arz Odası, Mecidiye Köşkü (Pavilion Mecidiye), Hekimbaşı Odası (Room of Chief Doctor), Mustafa Paşa Köşkü (Pavilion Mustafa Pasha) ve Bağdad Köşkü’dür (Pavilion Baghdad).